R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2004, 10:37 PM
DOMOisCOOL
Tech Master

Yes. As fastharry said, check out HPI's site. It gives excellent info on all types of R/C cars.

I would also invest in a failsafe. They cost around $25.00. This is an excellent part. For example, if you lose radio reception between you and the car, the failsafe will automatically turn on and activate the brakes. So it will give you time to go over and stop the engine. Another feature is if your receiver pack goes below a certain voltage. The brakes will turn on.

For glow plug igniters, I would get a rechargeable one. These last a long time. And they're rechargeable, so there's no replacing batteries.

I agree with AMGRacer on his recomendations.

The O.S. TR .12 is an excellent "entry level to racer level" engine. Provides ample power and lasts a long time. Easy to tune and is forgiving. Around $150.00 in price.

The Futaba 2PL is more than good enough to begin with and excellent build qualty. Futaba makes very reliable radios. About $80.00.

With the extra money from your budgets, buy some upgrades or some tires. However, the kit itself stock is great. Even the tires. It's just a tad heavy.

Engine: OS TR .12
Transmitter: Futaba 2PL
Receiver: Included w/ radio
Servo: Included w/ radio
Exhaust Pipe: RD Logics One-Piece Pipe (Any)
Exhaust Header: Comes with RD Logics pipe since it is "one-piece"
Glow Plug Igniter: Any Rechargeable
Body: Any Protoform
Fuel: Any would be good

Also, buy some extra glow plugs and replace the one that comes with the engine after you break it in.

Hope this helps .