R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya CR/CC-01 Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 01:40 AM
mr lee
Tech Regular

Thanks for the responses.

Have seen the zip tie mod on RCcrawler so that will be done and it is quick and easy.

So bent lower arms are ok then...they just a tad pricey so will have to consider them carefully. I want to use it manily for messing around with, bit of off-roading and a bit of basic crawling.

Do I need a hop up part to lock the diffs or can the standard parts do this? Can it be done externally or do you have to strip it down?
I have seen a reinforced drive shaft and diff lock set. Should I get this from the get go? If it helps and will mean that I do not have to strip the whole thing down at a later stage then I would rather get it!

With the 18.5 will I still get enough speed if wanting to mess around on a straight a bit and is it slow enough to crawl at a decent slow pace too without being too jerky?
Would the 21.5 not have more torque?

Should I consider the heat sink motor plate or do crawler motors not really get to the temperature extremes of on road cars?
Would a fan on the motor suffice or not neccessary?

Are the standard tie rods ok or must I get the turnbuckle tie rod set?
...or is this the same as the kit part with the addition of a a square part for easy adjustment?

How long will teh tryes last? I know this is a bit of a rhetorical question but any feedback would be appreciated

Do the rims and beadlocks wear or break? Should I get spares?

What about clamp type aluminium hex hubs? Would these be better than the standard plastic push on jobbies?

What about diff parts? Is there anything in particular that breaks easily or has a short life span?

What about the servo's. Should I look at meatl gear or is nylon ok? In particular I have a 6.5Kg JR servo lying around that I could use. Is this enough?