R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 08-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Jedev
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
The BCE chassis is great!! Stiffer, recovers faster, won't bend, and you get a 2 ounce savings. As far as cost vs weight reduction goes, it's pretty much in line with all the other options.....but you actually get a performance upgrade as it makes the truck react faster. I can't say enough about the BCE chassis I have been running, IMO, it's a "must have" modification

The Carbon chassis would be better if it wasn't so thick...and lighter. Being only a half ounce lighter than the Aluminum BCE chassis, and as thick as the BCE with skid plates....I don't personally think it's worth the tradeoffs of going to a carbon chassis. However, it is their first incarnation...they may make something far more impressive in the future
I saw the prototype SNR CF chassis at OCRC and there is something else to consider when comparing these chassis's. That being torsional flex. He said he laid the fibers so it's stiff front to back but allows more torsional twist. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.