R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Surf City Enduro: Summer Showdown!
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 06:03 PM
rockstarjohn
Tech Initiate

Charlie

My name is John Gaines and I am the team member of team Evolution that brought the body issue to your attention. I am also the one that said it was cool and no worries about it if team Nitronic "MANED" up to it and not my team mate Cuzn Andy.

At this time I would like to comment about my team mate's post and the replies to it. First of all, rules are rules but whatever. All the teams even team Nitronics ran a good race and had fun even with a little bending of the rules. As for our little issue about our windshield wiper for this round and last round. Well last round we did put on the so called factory windshield wiper that so happened to be a small sticker that was supplied with the body when purchased but you yourself passed it when you checked our car in your so called tech inspection. I would like to thank you for lending us a windshield wiper for this race so we would comply to the rules for this round. But if you would please recall coming over to our table and talking to us. We were the ones to bring up the issue of our own windshield wiper to you. Asking you if it would comply to the rules. Not you catching it. Please shoot me your address and I will be sure to send it back to you. With shipping insurance of course!

My team mate and I understand what goes into organizing a event for friends, families and competitive racers. We appreciate the effort you put into this race. We have helped organize for a national race for over 250 people racing for 5 days and know what you went through. But that's small cheese compared to a 3 hour endurance race in a parking lot for 7 to 11 teams. We are just a little discouraged on the unorthodox way and timely manner and bias way these two races have been conducted. We did the first race as a joke cause we are just some off road racers trying some on road racing and had a blast got a good laugh out of it even with having to practice with no driver stand cause parts of it was forgotten. Sadly, this round made it a bad joke with a drive stand.

As for the other person talking trash about our driving and calling us out. I don't understand where you get off saying that when no one talked smack about anyone's driving. How about you come drive some off road and then come back here and post.