R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tire Sauce ... To Do or Not To Do
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 04:15 PM
gashuffer
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
And those drivers are the ones to look up to but I do not if them all are only that fast by cheating. They are not only fooling the drivers who are driving by the rules but they are also fooling themselves and their sponsors.
I do not think it will stay at 10 dollars as I have writen before about what is happening in electric touring.

At this moment I am not in favorite of lowering the weight of a car, there are still to many cars arround not getting it unless huge investments have to be made. And you have to wait for the "Global Spec Body", that one can be set to 1mm material adding weight.

Alowing the use of sauce is the most simple choice but I doubt if it is the best one. Racing is all about getting the best setup without using additives and for sure without cheating.
Saucing is not cheating. It's adding more traction sometimes too much. It can be a good thing or bad.. They"fast guys" already know how to set up and drive, and on their level those tenths mean a lot.

Maybe they should just ban VHT or the use of any additive(soda). It's the same principle. We all like traction so why frown apon it. Just sayin'

It's not that complicated. Rub it on, wait, wipe it off and go.