R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - I bought a older 3pk with 2.4 Spec. SM1000 need info/help.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:58 PM
AreCee
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mooby64
I work for one of the largest independent hobby shops in the country, and I have never heard of Fasst receivers over heating.

But...I know for a fact that Spectrum systems have range issues, as a lot of local bashers and speed freaks will have their vehicles run out of range while running at a K-Mart parking lot. Futaba and even Traxxas systems do not have a range issue.

My opinion....Stick with Futaba!!!
Go to the Futaba thread and you'll see all the issues. Not that there were many but it does happen. People were drilling holes in the RX cases, mounting them on the side and other things. Perhaps Futaba sorted those out with the 4PK/PKS but those were the problems with the FASST module/RX when they first came out.

As far as range is concerned, the Spektrum has more than enough for racing and since I rarely if ever bash it will continue to work fine for me.

Sorry but after using Futaba for nearly twenty years and Sanwa I am very happy with the DX3R pro and the extra $150 in my pocket. (That's three SR300 receivers).