R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 03:16 PM
nta01
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shocker
If I ran 4wd SCT I would run AKA Wishbones. I've been running gridirons on my 2wd SCT for club racing because that's all I have, but in last years KBRL at FF I ran wishbones and won by over a lap. Now that being said, I wouldn't recommend wishbones for everyone as they are pretty loose outside the groove. I would, however, recommend AKA Gridirons for EVERYONE. They work great in the groove and in the fluff, and last a long time there.

For 2wd SCT:

Front - AKA Gridiron (SOFT)
Rear - AKA Gridiron (Super Soft)

For 4wd SCT:

AKA Gridiron (Soft) (safe tire, works great, lasts a long time)
-or-
AKA Wishbones (Super Soft) (faster lap times but on the "loose" side)

I've tried quite a few Proline SCT tires and I'm just not a fan. They don't fit the rims as well (harder to glue up), the compound wears faster, and the narrower carcass isn't the right fit for our hard packed AZ tracks (and their wide tires are too wide).

Now all of that being said, the traction at Fear Farm is so high there is a long list of tires that people will like because they all have good traction. So run what works for you. Except for JC Subcultures, don't run those. Right Todd? lol
I don't think you are qualified to give advice on RC Tech Trevor. See you tonight.