R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th GT thread
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 05:23 PM
FastPete
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrod
Well, this past weekend we had the midwest series race at leisure hours hobbies, and it was a great weekend of racing. Saturday morning started out with great weather and great traction. There were 2 full heats of GT and the local boys were indeed the fast guys. I ran sweep 50's all around and i felt that the car war really stable with them, I tried using a grey ribbed short course foam in the front tires and was able to get a little more steering out of the car, I was running a gt2 and shortened the wheel base as much as I could, I think I was the only one running a gt2, the short wheelbase cars seem to be the car to have at Jolliet. I managed a fith place qualifing position and finished in 4th. I would say that the sweep tires are awsome and provided plenty of grip in my car, but I think the short wheelbase cars turn in a lot tighter, I will be running in toledo next weekend and I think I will try the 55's with the stock inserts depending on the temperature.

Glad you liked it...Dont forget about the fast DM1 that finished 3rd, that was running second most of the race.