Thread: Tamiya TB-02
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2004, 10:02 AM
f1larry
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Legal Parts

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
As some may have thought, I have a huge problem with this. Those A-Arms (much like the TA-04SS arms) are not designed for the Evo 3/TB Evo. But unlike previous kits because you can shim the arms fore or aft to set wheelbase now, any freaking arm is legal because of the lame arguement of "Well they fit". I am sure that I could make a set of TA-03 arms fit in those suspension mounts, but I doubt I would be allowed to run them (not that I want to) because they weren't DESIGNED to be used on any other chassis than the TA-03. I'm sorry but I think we're losing sight of what the TCS series was the longer it runs. What's next, allowing Sorex tires? Why not, the Surikarn includes them so why not. The TCS is not only supposed to be a level playing field for the "Average Non-Factory Drivers", but it's also supposed to be a showcase of Tamiya's prodcuts. What off the shelf Evo 3/TA-04/TB-02 will have SS or Evo A-Arms? NONE. Sometimes you need to make the right choice, even if it is an unpopular choice and disallowing parts that aren't designed for a specific chassis is the Right Choice as the rules are written and in the spirit of the series...

God I miss my F103....
Gary,

I could not agree with you more. The way everyone keeps trying to modify their car you would think they are going for the World Championship. If they want to try and run those non legal setups then race at other races, but when it comes to a TCS race then follow the rules and put the car back in the configuration that is in the spirit of the rules and the event. The TCS race is suppose to be fun as well as competitive.

As for the F103 I second that. that was a fun car to drive.