R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Help Write RC History
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 06:53 AM
NHRCRACER
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Timmahhh
great idea!
Thank you very much. My goal is to have an article for RC Car Action that is essentially the work of the RC community.

Although I'd have to research dates, brushless and lipos shifted attention back the electric. The first brushless motor I saw in an RC car was an avoex in an insane speed run car, probably in the early 90's. I think i actually saw that in an rcca magazine. Obviously it took a long time after that to become mainstream though. I'm sure an entire book could be written on the topic, including roar and ifmar winners throughout the years and release dates of many significant vehicles. The Blackfoot, bruiser, and clod were all significant, as well as the Jrx, ultima, optima, dogfighter, cat, and many others. How much detail do you plan on having in the article?

By the way, I didn't know Jay Halsey won stock in 85. I didn't even know there was a stock. See, I learned something already!
I hope for it to be light on details or it will be too unwieldly. By that I mean each entry should be short and sweet.