R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 05:59 PM
CaseyP
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by msciarrotta
Casey. That is EXACTLY how I drive. And when it comes down to it I know I can pull at least 2 more teeth on the pinion in a long main. Its also a nice 'push to pass button'. I think the problem is most people have not had to deal with 4cell sces a 16triple and 8minutes in a tiny car.

I'd suggest that the best thing is to start with the 3/4ths of the the straight top speed rule for gearing. My guess is most people will be 1-2 two teeth less with almost identical lap times.
Good point! and yes 12x5 was my motor of choice charging at 5 - 1 - 5 to get that extra run time my I don't miss that!

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
Why not the 14mm? I'm down to a 12t pinion with my 12mm 4.5 and came off the track last night at 180. Zero drag, zero minimum, and 50% brake.
Originally Posted by nta01
Hi Casey,
Thanks for the reply. I thought the Novak Truhe Edition with the 14mm rotor was specifically made to handle the Losi's weight?

Originally Posted by The Juice
Are you running this setup in the Phoenix heat?
Originally Posted by losi_racer
No Tucson heat Lmfao
My bad, 14mm it is. I believe the 540 torque rotor is 12.3 oops sorry guys. It has been a loooong time since I have taken that motor appart. (I guess that is a good thing). 180 is not too bad. I ran the 12mm 180-200 all summer. The 550's seem to run quite a bit hotter.
But yes Pheonix heat, Tucson heat, what ever.