R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - A question about selling etiquitte
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 06:53 PM
2canSAM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ibmenace View Post
I will not say what end of this deal i had but would like to first get a general opinion, especially from the fellas with very high feedback who have done many many deals. Is it ok for a seller to ask a buyer if it would be ok if he ships the item after the transfer from paypal to bank account has cleared so that he will have the extra money to ship the item? This could be for numerous reasons, money is tight,unemployed,single parent,car problems,rent, etc... Or would you consider that out of the norm seller etiquette? If the seller has good post count and feedback would you consider it to be unacceptable and scammish or is this possibly a normal thing? Please by all means say what is on your mind in reference to these questions.

I am not a high feedback trader here but have been in the forum based trading scene for over 10 years and have over 500 positive feedback combined. That being said I would not have any issue being the buyer in that situation as long as feedback was pretty solid and this was agreed upon BEFORE the deal was made. Truth be told even after the deal was struck and the seller told me that, and there was a good reason I would be cool with it.