R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - indoor asphalt
Thread: indoor asphalt
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2004, 09:04 PM
Grizzbob
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, our track isn't actually asphalt(it's some skid-not sprayed over the concrete floor, kinda like what you see on some tennis courts), but are you wondering how to set up your cars for it, or how to treat the surface? Now just for finding grip on the stuff, most outdoor setups will work pretty well, though we can get away with using softer tires than one would normally use in the warmer months(like TakeOff CS-22's, they heat up pretty darn quick outside in the weather we see now, but they're the tire to get for the most grip on our surface). Onmy TC3, for example, I have 50wt oil & gold springs on my front shocks, with a rear shock tower up front, using the outer mounting hole on the ver2 arms & the inner lower camber mount on the tower(no shims outside yet, though I'm thinking about trying it) & also using the outer, upper shock mount. And in the rear, 30wt oil & silver springs, the R2+2 arm mounts, shocks mounted in the middle upper holes, & or the camber link, using the inner upper hole on the tower & the inner mount on the hub, & running 1 degree of camber all around. Additionally, running it at about 5.5mm ride height all around & as close to zero toe-in up front as possible(but not sure about droop at the moment, just saying all of this off the top of my head). That should give a TC3 a decent starting point...