R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support
Old 07-23-2011, 04:54 AM
Marcos.J
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
OK, Good to know. The latest prototype i am working on is a little more expensive to make than the last version of the car. I see where i can cost cut without sacrificing quality that you are all used to from BMI. I have looked at some of the lower priced car kits and i see where they have cut costs and i really dont want to go that route. That would mean i would have to sell a product that honestly, i am not happy with. Plastic pods,steel turnbuckles,molded standoffs,and worst of all, the Chinese machined aluminum. That is some rough looking stuff. To be honest, i think i would rather just call it a day than try to reduce my cost by doing all of that. It makes me not as good of a business man for my decision but that is fine with me. I want to be proud of what i sell because it is the best i can supply, not for how it lines my pockets. I dont want to feel like im burning my customers by selling them sub par product and having them upgrade the snot out of it just to bring it up to snuff with the joneses. I see where i need to trim costs to achieve the goal i am looking for but all BMI products will stay with the high quality that you are all used to.
well you dont see Ferrari putting cheap stuff on their cars to lower the cost people buy them because of the Name and the quality ( same as BMI name and quality)

(now let me go and wipe my nose ) j/k