R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 07-22-2011, 10:41 AM
MUDVAYNE
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by souporsalad
Please help,
I'm an old Pan Car guy that is just getting back in to the sport. I have two photons (which are rad). I'm having a blast and learning lots of things. Chassis tweak is a new thing to me. To get to the point; The older of my cars is set up for VTA, which can be brutal some nights. I'm getting ready for a race tomorrow and was setting it up on my Hudy setup station to get it adjusted. I noticed right away that my flatness check was an epic failure. It seems like the bottom of the car is shaped like a soccer ball. I followed all of the directions to make sure that I had everything, that was appropriate, disconnected. Also tried loosening the upper deck, flattening and retightening. No luck. I would guess that I just need to set the car on a fresh chassis plate (thanks TOP for including both chassis in the new model), but wanted to ask if there were any comments from any of you. The car took a severe hit last weekend, and I hadn't checked flatness for a while, so that could be it.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated, whether it's tips, things to check, or causes for chassis warpage.

THANKS!!
I would start checking the bulkheads and make sure they are not tweaked or twisted. If the chassis is bowed (not flat) and you have loosened the top deck and tried to correct the problem that way, I would say this is the next step. Good luck.