R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 11:27 PM
ifuonlyknew
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motofan747
Hey guys im during my build right now, and i am having truble trying to install tlr1065 the part that holds the a arms in place, it will not screw down completly therefore the screws can just slide out. Any tips?
Well one of two things have happened here. I will list them in order of most likely to least likely.

1. You mixed up the plastic piece that the screws thread into with one used for the mid motor setup. The screws thread into the transmission case on the mid motor layout, so there is a set amount of space for the toe brace and anti-squat shims. If you run 0 anti-squat you need a thicker plastic piece between the toe block and the transmission case, if you run 2 degrees of anti-squat, you need the appropriate plastic piece (I would guess the one labled 2 degrees) to fit in the coresponding space. For the rear motor layout (I presume you are building your car rear motor as this is the only way to run into your problem) there is only one plastic insert that works. Look through all of thos little plastic inserts and find the one that doesn't have a degree label, and use that one. It should have been bagged for that step, but you might have got it mixed in with the others.

2. TLR didn't put the correct spacer that allows the screws to thread into it in your kit. In that case the quick solution is to go to the bag of tuning parts. get the insert labeled with the largest degree (this should be the thinnest insert), then use a couple locknuts on the end of the screws. This will get you going, but I would still get ahold of TLR and have them send you the correct part.

Either way when you use my advice to figure out your problem, please let me know the errors of your or TLR's way.

Originally Posted by Tony Vega
Anyone have a quick pick of the TLR 22 in a rear motor config with a Tekin RS/RS Pro mounted and body off? I'm going from an LRP to a Tekin and I can't seem to find a "clean" way to install it. The receiver wire is about 3/8" too short to lay flat on the chassis assuming that receiver is up mounted against the standard size servo so it can accommodate both shorty and standard lipo packs. Best I can do is have the receiver wire run along the top of the battery. Thanks in advance for the help.
Here is how my RS Pro is setup in my 22. Pretty clean install, and no need to extend the harness if you go my route.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1206.JPG
Views:	267
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	784664   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1207.JPG
Views:	407
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	784665