R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 06:44 PM
Corey Bernardo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Viking Racing
Hey Corey, How are you. I decided to follow your lead and leave TQ Racing.

I have been working with Matt Chambers for a while on a set up for our home track. It goes from being slick early to extremely high bite, pink slicks. It's pretty much Dustin's set up with a few changes. Give it a try, I think you will like it; I remember we ran about the same TQ setup.

Front: 0 bump steer, spindles equally spaced 1mm top and bottom, orange spring, 2mm limiters.
Rear: 1-B 0 washers under inner ballstud 2mm on hub, hubs 1mm forward.

Everything else is the same as Dustin's. Matt and I both Love it, as well as most of the rest of the fast guys at our track. For those of you who struggled with the car over rotating on exit and on throttle, this should fix it. If you need more rear grip move the rear hubs forward; less, move it back. If you like more steering going in, move the spindle down like Dustin's. If your track is loose the Red spring might be better.

The track at the Worlds looked pushy with a lot of forward bite, so I don't know if this set up worked at the worlds.
Smart man VIKING RACER!!!!! lol... My car is so good right now bud honestly I dont wanna even TOUCH IT!!!! thats how good it is... Just run packs and clean tires ahaha is what I do to the car now....

Originally Posted by fastzach
I tried Corey's setup (for the most part) on my track last night after struggling with the Dustin setup the previous night, our track is large outdoor, 1/8th track but with no large jumps to speak of, the layout is half a season old and is very wore out, hard packed and bumpy. Its hard pack but still somewhat dusty and very loose. When we water it, its good for about 30 minutes then its dry and slick again.

I've been running Double D's on the back, stock foams, they seem pretty good. I am still having a little trouble with the car over-rotating coming out of the corner. Its great going in, center, and off at first, and then right at the last second it starts coming around and I have to breathe the throttle. I am using the stock rear hexes, and the 4 Degree toe block because the 3.5 is out of stock at my LHS. I used white springs on the rear last night. Using a full-length lipo, all the way back.

On another note, has anybody had any problems with the front hinge pins that go through the arm and bulkhead shearing off? See attached

Ya for you to get the correct feel of the car you need to run the setup to the "T" cant be doing "most part" business lol... Minor changes to my setup is what makes the world of difference.... RUN IT EXACTLY then get back to me