R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2004, 08:59 PM
Brian Anthony
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by rayhuang
Sure is-as is Motor Spray and alcohol. Basically anthing that flashes off fast will be safe.

Also-just FYI was talkin to BSR tires just now about some Oval tires and he told me he has a new 12th scale front rim in white and a new rear white rim as well. John said the front rim runs ultra True-takes flanged bearings and the bearings sit a little closer together so you can vary front width slighlty with washers. He also said the rear rim is designed so that you can run a few more shims to space out the hubs to max width. This should help in spacing the spur gear out a little so you dont have to have the pinion almost touching the motor can.

I didnt get to talk to him about componds and such, but he is sending me a pair of his Purpe fronts to look at and try. A no wobble front rim sounds good to me. When I get it-I'll post a pic of it. I have no idea what it looks like.

Ray
Ray,

The rims are a dish design and run ultra true and are very durable. If you have ever seen the old BSR 12th or 10th rims they are very similiar. The rears are offset similiar to the CRC rims as well as the TRC ones so it allows you to have another tuning option in rear end track width. Also the tires are glued completely out to the edge of the rim so you don't have to worry about the foam starting to works it's way up.

As for compounds John's BSR has the normal selection to fit any application. Also all of the pairs are matched so you won't end up with one hard tire and one soft tire like you can when you buy other brands.

If you haven't tried John's BSR Racing Tire then you should give them a try and let the product speak for it's self.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Brian Anthony

John's BSR Racing Tires
Pole Position R/C Racing Batteries