R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)
Old 07-20-2011, 10:01 AM
jag88
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Vern, what do you mean by C/L? Not following the acronym, sorry.

These are tentative prices, but definitely attainable as I have received the quote from the factory already. I am just awaiting on some confirmation on some prototyping issues.

I have requested the highest quality and strength material for the drive pins, but do you have any suggestions? I know the key is in these. Them having to be so small in diameter, it really affects their strength.

The DCJ will be rebuildable for sure. The key again here, and my concern is the durabilty. If we can make them at least as good as the Hot Bodies ones, we will be more than happy, especially since we will release replacement parts for them.

one suggestion might be to make the axle 5 mm in diameter. I know that this is intended for the TC6 but the 10x6x3 bearings are imo weak and prone to failure. If you were to include four 10x5x3's with a pair of your DCU's it would be a 'win, win' situation for you and your customer. We would get a stronger bearing and you could cover other cars with the same unit.