R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Issue with a member regaurding some lipos i purchased...
Old 07-17-2011, 07:46 PM
FTSC10
Suspended

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default Issue with a member regaurding some lipos i purchased...

I recently bought a package deal from a member on here, pair of batteries and a charger...

The charger i purchased for my father, as i bought him a truck for his birthday, and he needed a charger, i have no complaints on the charger at all...

The issue i have is with the batteries that were included in the package deal{and the only reason why i bought the charger, was because it came with the batts}

Both lipos were described as low use with no issues, Both lipos came to me, both were puffed, the cases had previously been CA glued back together because the puffing was so severe that the cases split...none of this was visible in the picture i saw.

I pm'd him explaining the situation, told him id like a refund on the lipos, but id keep the charger(as i had no issues with that)...

His response was that all "venom" brand lipo batteries swell and puff, and they are junk...Which is ironic considering i have a pair of these that i run in my SC8E, and they do not puff at all, nor have the cases needed repair.

He then proceeded to explain that i bought the charger for 80, the lipos for 30 each, for a grand total of 140...so i told him refund the 60 for the lipos, and ill send em both back, as i refuse to risk running them in anything i own.

He offered to refund 20 dollars? Not sure what the point of that is...

My last reply was that he either needed to refund the 60 for the lipos, and i will send them back, His reply was "ill think about it" and then ranted about venoms being junk...he also admitted to knowing they had issues, yet failed to alert me of any such issues.

Ive yet to hear back from him, yet he's been online..So i replied again to him, simply stating id need a refund for the lipos by tomorrow, or i will simply be putting in a paypal claim for the full amount, and i will simply send it ALL back.

Anyone think my stance on this is wrong?