R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC
Old 07-13-2011, 09:48 AM
Paul L
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by jgraham37128
Paul, I ran the set up. Here's what I experienced. Anytime I overshot the corner the car was very loose, if I overshot the corner I had to chase the backend to keep from spinning out.

On power it was good, off power bad. Where would you start to correct this?

I'm sure most is my 1st time running mod, but I hate a loose car. I can fix being tight, but if it starts out loose then it seems I spend the whole weekend chasing the car.

By the way I did by the TC spec and 4 turn TP, and no one beat me down the straight!

JG
Hi Jason. I would start with camber, on a normal traction level track you can take out front camber and the car will not cut in to the corner as hard. possibly try running .75deg or 1deg camber in front and 2.5 in rear.
Second i would try a shorter front wheelbase, shorter front wheelbase will moove weight forward over the front tires and normally make the car smoother, especially getting in to the corner. Those two things will normally make the car easier to drive and feel like it has more traction.

Glad the motor is working out for you.