R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC
Old 07-13-2011, 07:51 AM
Paul L
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
Hey Sam,
I also had the same questions and come on here to ask Paul.
I noticed you need very little lg2 or else it will not dry within a reasonable time. I applied a healthy amount and after 20 minutes or so it looked like it hadn't even started to dry. I followed by wiping it off almost to the point it was dry and then 10 minutes or so later it was dry.

Paul,
I used lg1 after a run just to clean the tires. Put it on wipe it off and let dry while getting the car ready for the next run. Then i put on lg2 and wait for it to dry. That seemed to produce the best traction for me.
How are you cleaning them after a run?

Thanks
Hi. i would reccomend doing exactly what you said, clean well with LG1 after the run then a very light coating of lg2 and let air dry. i have had very good feedback doing exactly that.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Martin Crisp
Hey Paul,

I have just finished version 1.0 of my iPhone and Android app called "Setup Workbench", which is now up on the app store and the android market, and I would really like to record some videos of you talking about car setup that I can add into the next version. Is this something you might be interested in discussing, if so you can reach me at marty.crisp at setupworkbench.com

Cheers.
Hi Martin. Cool, ill have to look it up. We can definately talk about it. Hopefully ill see yopu at the nationals. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Hey gents in case some of you didn't know Paulie is attending the ETS in Andernach Germany this week so of course he will get to your questions upon his return.
Thanks Fred, Im home now. Tail between my legs LOL.

Originally Posted by jgraham37128
Paul, your Reedy set-up shows total toe in the rear as 3.5 with a 3.5 shim with a 0 outboard toe block. When I put a 3.5 shim in the rear of my T3 it has 5 degrees of final toe with a 0 outboard toe block. Doesn't the T3 come with 1.5 toe automatically built in? If so then shouldn't I just have a 2mm shim in the rear to give it a 3.5 final toe in?

thanks,
JG
Hi, I think that the sheet sometimes can have an error or maybe i was mistaken when filling it out. I used 3.5degs of rear toe. that was with 1.9mms of shims with 0deg outboard.

Originally Posted by johnny55
Paul, I am currently looking for your setup at West Coast raceway. Can you please let me know where I can find it? I want to use it not only for myself, but other drivers who want to use it as a standard setup at the track. Thank you.
Hi, I never posted that set up because i really was not happy with it atall at that race. And honestly i really dont remember what it was, im sorry for that.
If i had to go back to west coast i would start with my reedy set up but with 4deg caster blocks and a 1.2 front bar. I think that would be a much better base set up.

Thanks.