R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Drift Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 10:41 PM
sliding_josh
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Originally Posted by cjtamu
Man, what a helluva lot of fun. Did two 15 minute runs at the LHS, which has a nice smooth asphalt parking lot. One of the guys that works there was a friend of my older kids in HS. Good wrench, pretty good driver. Didn't realize it but he had gotten heavy into drifting for couple of years. Nice having someone who was competent, learned a lot watching him drive my car for a few minutes and listening to the throttle. Didn't do badly for a first timer, my biggest problem is overcooking the corner at the apex and spinning it, more on right handers than left handers. Some of that's me, I've always preferred left handers, but the car is doing some torque steering too. I need to put that extra 1/2 oz if weight in the car, I think that will help a lot. The ABS tires really drift easily. Too easily, will add some neg camber next time. The guy at the LHS said that the best tires he's found for the LHS parking lot are the HPI Type A, it's just really smooth and slick. Fun watching the cars in the parking lot stop and look. Went to a neighborhood adult beverage establishment on the other side of the lot after I was done. Took the car in with me since my wife was driving my truck. At least 2 guys in there will be in the LHS tomorrow ha ha ha.

Tekin R1 Pro was pretty good, first time I've used it. Definitely some cogging off the bottom. Need to upgrade to the latest firmware, supposed to help quite a bit. Was also running 20C batteries, will see if 40C's help. Really only an issue when I spun the car and had to take off again LOL. Nice and smooth as long as I had the RPM up. Not used to running high turn motors without boost and turbo. After a 15 minute run, when I put the batteries on to storage charge, I actually discharged almost 500 maH. Max motor and speedo temps were 140 deg F at the end of 15 minutes. Since it was 98 deg and 100% humidity outside, that ain't bad. Looking forward to doing it again soon for sure.

What you should do is add some Kick up in the Rear to help with torque steer! and im with you on the yoke bodies I love them! Im not really in to HPI any more! If you know the right people you wont have to pay $60-70 bucks for a yoke body, I dont! My son and I have a set of yokes we call them the Twins!