R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - hyper tt spanking 8th b and t's
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 06:51 PM
jvroffroadrc
Tech Apprentice

I saw no one had gave you any thoughts on this yet so i thought i would jump in and try to help you out a little. I have 3 of the trucks you are thinking about a RC8TE, Hyper TT and the losi scte. It really depends on what track and classes you want to run. In my area we have a few tracks with in a hour but the last few years It has been all about 1/10 scale racing and short corse. The rc8te is by far the most exspensive to race and there isnt much of a chance due to low numbers in that class near me so maybe it would be better where you are but just because of the cost it keeps the numbers low. Now the hyper tt is a fun truck but they just never caught on in my area and when i did run it i never could get it just right and it seemed to need some work. I cant tell you how many a arms, stearing knuckles and front bumpers i went threw without ever racing a single day. Oh yea and time i spent looking for my rear dogbones that would come out but you can fix that by just using the front cvds. Now the ten scte has been very good it is a very good racer and there is never a problem getting the numbers to race. A castle 3800 will work great in that truck to so you can keep cost down as well and if you already have that motor I would say you have a few 2 cell lipos laying around. All are good trucks and i think you would have fun with but there is only one in your list that will give you the most enjoyment with the smallest investment.