R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies TCX
Thread: Hot Bodies TCX
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 09:03 PM
AF1king_kid
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by k_bojar
these guys also run a lot of prototype parts...and nothing is ever definite on a prototype..

I'll give HB credit - if the part doesn't substantially improve performance/reliability, it don't get released...they don't release a new kit just because

and most of these parts are offered as 'tuning aids' not tuning necesitities - why sell a kit with a bunch of stuff that ain't necessary for 95% of the buyers? not everything on a pro's car is going to help the mr. saturday/sunday racer

plus - aren't the TC kits getting rediciously expensive already?? why add more parts to it and raise the price more? remember (maybe) when only xray had the $350+ race chassis? then tamiya snuck in the 415/416 - right now only AE, I believe, have a chassis that's inexpensive (sub-$400)...Do we really need another chassis that expensive?

TC is already hurting..why not make kits affordable, and release parts and let the racers decide what they need to add to make them better?
TRUE ish TC is hurting and kits and the electronics are killing this class for weekend racers like myself...i saw the new AE TC6 at my local hobby shop for 350 which is pretty good being that seeing a TC kit in my local shop is rare