R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Dyno, Homemade, Using a Novak Sentry Data Logger, Continued, The Experimental Thread.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:51 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

DanoRC-Thanks for clarifying your dynos methods.
Matnin-good to hear from you.

I continue some work with the Eagle Tree. The LCD display will not work. an e-mail to Eagle tree suggest I reset the parameters and if this fails to mail it in.

I am also getting erroneous RPM readings fromt he brushless motor sensor. They are low by 30%. There are gaps where it reads zero. There are huge spikes at RPM in live mode. Changing the number of motor poles to 2 and then to 4 both resulted in even lower RPM readings. Here is the reply from Eagle tree.
Regarding questionable RPM readings with the Brushless RPM Sensor there may be an incompatibility between our brushless sensor and your motor/ESC combo.

"One customer who was having a similar problem found that the problem was resolved by placing a 1uF capacitor between the WHITE and BLACK wires of the brushless RPM sensor. One simple way of doing this might be to place the leads of a through-hole 1uF capacitor (from RadioShack or similar electronics supply house) into the brushless RPM sensor's servo connector, so the two leads make contact with the two pins."

Fitting those two little magnets from the magnetic RPM Sensor on the slave motor setup looks possible on one of the lockrings. Eventually, I will look into it. I have it in hand.

John

Last edited by John Stranahan; 07-07-2011 at 02:06 PM.