R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2004, 06:13 PM
Fred Perkins
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)
Default Check this out

Another practice run at Hobby town.
Started with a new setup for the MI2 and a Brand New R12Team. Some of the fast guys showed up. Most importantly Scooby Horton "The Fast Guy" LOL. This will be a good test for the new setup and new car!

19 turn open:
WOW what a difference. The new setup was great! Car turned in much better had more grip and carried better overall corner speed. Qualified 4th with 23 laps. Scooby ran a 25 on foams the other 2 in front of me ran 24's. I stayed true to my rubber tires. Finished the main in 4th not a bad day at all!

Mod Nitro:
Another WOW actually a HOLY S@#$! This car is awesome. I ran Paul Winn's setup from the winternats with a few changes on Foam tires. First round I ran a 24! Scooby was scrambling!!! He also ran a 24. Second round I ran a 25! Scooby was worried now cause he still ran a 24. Third round I decided to sit out and watch Scooby, save my car for the main. He ran a 23. So I TQ'ed!!!! 10min main. I got a good start and was running second. The leader clipped a pipe and I drove right by, never looked back. I drove safe and not aggressive. I finished with 7 laps on the field!!!!!! After the race Scooby and I took a few more laps and this time I decided to POUR it ON!!!!! WOW! Needless to say he was impressed and so was I. Now this was with a $99 omega .12 motor running on YS 20/20 airplane fuel!!! New motor and some race fuel, this thing will be SMOKIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all!
Fred Perkins