R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New (to me at least) nitro buggy inbound
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 12:30 AM
merdith6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Yep

I had one of those, it was my 3rd buggy. There were different versions obviously, that style of car had several models and lasted forever. I ran the dog snot out of mine. I would get some clutch shoes, and springs, new tires, and bearings. that car had all the same bearings for thediffs and axles so pretty cool. Mine had a red plastic spur gear, so do be careful setting the gear mesh, it never broke on me but things happen...

and make sure to check the front caster blocks and thread lock the screw that hold the parts together on the front whee it turns inside the wheels. The screws are a weird size and losing one is not the end of the world but is irritating...

I honestly don't remember breaking anything when I owned that buggy...but probably did. It was a long time ago...

Oh yeah get rid of that steering servo arm, and get a good one of those alluminum if you can

Put new diff fluid in the diffs, when I had mine we just used thick grease...

and if they leak you may try that....Fill up the center and use medium in the front and slightly less in the rear....

Check the tank really well it was kinda fragile, especially the lid....Be careful with that...

that's all i can remember right now......