R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 09:59 PM
TC_Tuner
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Here's some more info on my GT1. Only chassis changes are their updated two speed and CVD's. This was my first race after being away from the track for over a year. GT is a fun class than allows a racer to be competitive without excessive pre event track time. I won two of my qualifiers and finished third overall in the A main.

For engine, I began the event running an OS .21 VSpec that I pulled from my 1:8 buggy. Ran this in two of the qualifiers, but I opted to install and run and race using a fresh OS .21 VG and an OS 2040 pipe. I run Merlin plugs. Like Mike, I bought this engine for last years Challenge rules as well as to fit Midwest rules...I just never made it.

I use the a Fioroni Twin Turbo sliding clutch with Kyosho Japanese bearings. I totally swear by this clutch. Crazy durable, easily adjustable, and consistent.

I practiced, qualified and raced on a set of Kyosho V slick tires (40) on Kyosho wheels. (more on this in my previous post)

In the car, I run a Ballistic 2800 nimh rx pack. These fit in the GT perfect and run forever. I use Ballistic lipo batteries in my radio mainly to reduce weight.

For this race, I changed from my Airtronics M11 to a MX3x transmitter. It has all the features I need, and it's way lighter...ideal for longer mains. 94361 servos.

I run Byron fuel in all my nitros. For the Challenge, I ran 20% Gen II.

Protoform PF8 body. It does the job and priced right. I also use the ProLine air filter in all my nitros.

I'll be glad to answer any questions people have as it relates to any of this.

10-4
Eric