R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Tabushi
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TC_Tuner
Careful, there were two other catastrophic tire failures during the GT A main. One was an Impanema, not certain what brand the other was. Pretty crazy...I've never seen that happen before, and then three in one race!

Hi guys,

Not looking for a new war of brands, but would be great to know the tire brand that got failure on that race.

Why ?, simply, at least the tire brand i race, usually in Brazil is always testing tires, compounds, etc (even benchmarking puting on test competitor's tires and wheels) in order to always be improving the products they release.

So, i think is very valuable information to see wich brands of tires blowed up, and under wich conditions. I've already race tested almost every tire brand in the market for GT, and even when i do have my preference, there is no tire out there that is "bad" by itself, and to be honest, track conditions, driving style, chassis setup, weather and compound selection are all parameters that can lead to a blown up tire and not necesarily quality of the brand.

Cya guys !, keep burning nitro on GT cars !! ... amazing class and still dont understand why is not growing more and more !!

cya !