Thread: Tamiya Ta06
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 02:27 PM
inpuressa
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silverhkswrx
has no one bought the ball diffs yet?!

Im waiting on mine to come to me in the mail(got it from rcmart on ebay for $400 with both front and rear diffs-SHIPPED!)

inpuressa; the Pro kit comes with the normal plastic battery box right? what about the graphite battery box?
Tamiya is known for releasing the carbon reinforced chassis pretty late. I think they are releasing the FF03 this month, and that car was out for sometime already. The other parts tree, we should see in a couple months. Parts tree A will be the most crucial.

I don't like the current tamiya ball diffs because the diff rings don't have the D-cuts. You need to maintain it often to make sure it doesn't start slipping. Another advantage to the gear diff is how the outdrive bearing is mounted. On the ball diff, the bearing is mounted on the outdrives. If one of the bearing seizes, your diff action will suffer on that side, giving you weird handling (personal experience). On the gear diff, your differential system is independent from the bearings, so you don't have that.