R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Guy Needs Help !!
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 07:50 PM
SPARKY426
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default New Guy Needs Help !!

Hi everyone !! Recently bought and built an Ofna Hyper ST Pro kit. Also bought an Ofna Force .28 motor for it. Set everything up using my 15+ year old Futaba PCM radio and got some Sidewinder 20% fuel with 16% oil and have both MC59 and OS8 plugs. First time I started it up, it took a bunch of tugs to get it going, but it started and I ran 2 tanks around my house. Put a little After Run in and put it away. About 5 days later, tried to start it for about an hour, wouldn't kick. Finally pull start rope broke. Ordered a shaft start system for it and tried again. Nothing. Finally, after checking carb. and a few other things, fired up in the kitchen(wife was pissed....LOL). Was late at night, so waited till morning....NOTHING!! just kept turning over. Tried again tonight...same thing. I have checked everything....tried different plugs...made sure ni-starter was charged....tried high needle at 2 3/4, 3, 3 1/2 turns out...low speed is flush as per recommendations. I have been away for many years, but certainly not new to this. Had several nitro cars in the 90's...still have a Turbo Inferno with an OS motor. This thing started and ran well first time....nothing since....fuel is getting to carb...plug is hot.....HELP!!!!!

Thanks, Chris