R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Nitro's (RS4, Racer, Super)
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2001, 07:41 AM
Fireball
Tech Initiate

Ok, Troy, let me address your issues. I know he didn't do it on purpose, if he did, there'd be hell to pay. I know him as well too, we race at Harpers together, so I do know him.

He had already been out there for about 2 minutes, not just making a couple passes and was out there before Nick even called for the first fuel and line up.

He said that it was hard to see me, which I might understand, but as you said, it was a dark car parked NEXT TO a WHITE wall! I was lined up along the first far strip, which is 8 inches to the wall, where there is almost 2 feet to the inside wall. You said that I should have parked (if at all) next to the wall, well guess what, I did! If you can't see a car there, how do you expect to race? It was plenty visible. After he hit me, he didn't even slow down. Wouldn't you think if you were paying attention, you would have hit the brake right a split second before hitting me and then slowed after due to hitting the brake?

25mph is plenty fast to do a ton of damage and on that track 30mph is probably top speed, so it was close to it. His car is no faster than my car, and mine is actually probably faster. We had a cop show up at Harpers last week and he guned mine at a top speed of 38mph, so it was close to his top. The hit EXPLODED my rear bulkhead and completely bent my exhaust manifold so it basically is closed.

It's fine if you want to blip the throttle a little after fueling and you had 3/4 a lap to do it, but gues what, HE HADN'T EVEN PITTED YET!!! He was just being stupid and not paying attention.

All this talk about nitro cars needing to keep going to kept their engines hot is complete crap as well. If they have that much trouble with the engine, then it isn't tuned properly. My car stays nice and ready to run without running it at top speed. My car heats up just fine by slightly moving around the track. A couple blips of the throttle also keeps it from guming up. Sprinting around the track for 3-5 minutes like they did on Sunday before each race is completely insane and there is no need for it other than to goof around.

Watch the language? What language? I don't see any explicitives in my last post. I purposely edited them out.