R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2004, 04:25 PM
kreidel
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Motorman
I run 198 on the front and 200 on the rear and the bones don't fallout. You need to verify that they are falling out and not breaking. some people have had issues with broken bones then they fallout. try the impact 835 spring steel axles up front. also check to see if the servo saver is weak. you may need to shim the spring to make it tighter. If the servo saver lets the uprights cock on impact the bones will fallout, break or in the case of the MTX3 with universals break regardless of who makes them.
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
I'm beginning to wonder that either I'm lucky and got longer dogbones or there is something in the way others are assembling their cars. I have never lost my dogbones except once and THAT was because I was making a 180 degree turn and then cliped the "wall" that was marking the corner (its an indoor track and the whole track consist of 2 inch plywood walls on both sides).

Putting silicone tubing inside the outdrives of the one-way does not work that well if you put the wrong ones because they actually get pushed inside of the hole in the one-way outdrive. So ensure that if you do use silicone tubing that they are large enough in diameter.

I use the pro springsteel outdrives on the steering blocks as well as the rear uprights. For the front, you must NOT put any silicone tubing or anything at all because this makes matters worse. You need to have the dogbones go in as deep as possible to allow max steering, the same goes for the rear uprights. In the rear I use silicone tubing in the diff outdrives.

Both my front and rear trackwidths are 199 mm.

I totally agree with you that Serpent should either get Hudy to make slightly longer springsteel dogbones or make CVDs/universals. That would be very good indeed.

The car is practically brand new and I just checked again to see if anything was broken or bent up front and it was fine. My car setup is the default one the send with the kit so it is not some exotic setup that might be the issue. My MTX3 cannot use dogbones either, I had to purchase the universals, so maybe it is just my style of driving. I repeat that when the bones came out I made contact with absoutley nothing.