R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2004, 09:33 AM
rc_alan
Tech Fanatic

Pyramid I know and have chated about the car awhile back with him... I believe he to had problems with the steering system of the car or other issues... Hey, I could be wrong... So many have posted about steering system issues... I dought anyone now selling/dist. the G4 will now knock the car.... You I don't know and I don't really care if you did post the first Evo pics here... I'm not trying to be negitive to you in anyway and was not trying to flame you in my last post. I'm just posting the facts. You just posted that you read (but not seen) many G4 users having this problem. I to am not everywhere and can't see everyone's car... I can only go by what has happen to me and others posting here and other forum sites here and internationly. I know people right now in the US. that are distributing/selling the G4 that ask me questions about the car all the time becasue I know more about the car then they do... Nick Ko, TM's sell rep. has already posted that Team Magic is aware of the problem... Again, TM is aware of the problem... Trinity was aware of the problem as well... One of the largest RC dist. in the world... Funny thing, I can remember when TM said that there fuel tanks were ok because there were not broken even though they were only 69cc... Finally, they and K-factory release the corrected size tank, but not until many end users lost races and flamed out due to this issue... Go ask ex Trinity driver Josh Cyrul what's his feeling about the prior fuel tank... I'm happy TM addressed that problem and corrected it... I to didn't start posting here when I first got my car... I found out about the forums through word of mouth, by then I already had two G4's... Funny thing, I can remember when Pyramid was going to change cars... I'm driving the Mugen MTX3 now even though I still have the G4. I've talk to and run against factory team drivers and employees from Yokomo, Team Associated, Mugen and HPI here in the US all the time due to me being near Revelation and Crystal park RC race ways.. I know that mean's nothing to you, but I see no one with the G4 out here in the West Coast except for maybe 4-5 drivers.... Total. They ask me about the car and have told me things they've seen with the G4 during races as well... All steering... Again, I'm not here to flame the G4... I've always been here to help anyone with questions and issue that can be corrected... Since I'm not factory back by TM, I don't have 1000 parts to just grab from my tool box. I guess everyone should have to have at least 10-20 steering servo saver on hand and change them out just prior to each race to prevent steering system failure... If the car was enigineered correctly, you shouldn't have to do this... You should go ask Pyramid what he really thinks about the car... He's driving the S710 isn't he?? Like I've said for the 1000th time, I love the car and it's super durable and easy to set up... What makes it so easy to drive is also it's flaw... True Ackerman... The Mugen has the best Ackerman possiblities of any 1/10 nitro car on the market today... The steering rail system on the G4 makes every thing feel super smooth, true, but again here we go... There is a percentage of G4 owner that are having steering system failure... Here in the US. if that many car owners of let's say Ford or BMW had something like this happening, there would be a national recall... I don't see nor never had any other RC car with this problem myself nor posted by others in chat forums... If your car is perfect.. Great... Many G4 owners are not so lucky...

RC_Alan

Last edited by rc_alan; 06-12-2004 at 05:29 PM.