R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks
Old 06-27-2011, 01:57 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Thanks for the posts

1-12 Scale news, LRP SXX version 2
Things are going at a glacier pace here. I had planned to test the car with a SXX Stock Spec Speed control and a 3.0. I had the car running on the bench. The specs suggested a 4.5 on 2 cell LiPo was possible. I thought maybe a 3.0 on 1 cell might be handled. It spun the tires OK. I plugged in the LRP fan for mod use. Then the speed control failed. The speed control spent more than a month at LRP. They were waiting for a shipment of SXX version 2 TC spec. Based on my intended use they though it would suit my needs better and offered to trade up. I accepted. Turns out the version 2 has an upgraded battery eliminator circuit (BEC) and will work with one or two cell. GREAT! That is why I had the stock spec in the first place. Anyway here is a current pic. I put a LRP X-12 4.5 on it based on some one cell dyno runs I had performed recently. (The 3.0 pulled a huge 209 amps on a flywheel run, a 3.5 actually produced more power. A 4.5 is pretty close) I may be able to tinker with the speed control motor profiles a little with the 4.5.

The car is a home modified CRC Carpet Knife, now with a dual A-arm front end, 3-link rear end, with hydraulic dampers from an RC18T on all four corners. The intended use is a bumpy long outdoor track.
John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Scimitar I 002.jpg
Views:	841
Size:	306.3 KB
ID:	774820  

Last edited by John Stranahan; 06-29-2011 at 08:38 PM.