R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XXX-S Tips and Talk for Stock Classes
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 05:45 PM
GP40X
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Well, I still have bunches of X parts, 1 complete car and 2 other chassis that need to be finished. I still think the X is a great chassis and was well ahead of its time. Honestly , I haven't been running it since I fell in love with the Team magic E4. The centralised chassis layout is just great for handling. Now that Tamiya has released the TA06, I may go with it since Tamiya has always been my first love.
That being said, a XXX-S will always be in my stable. Its proven and tough. Look back in this thread and you'll see some good setups by Paraletic. I used a combination of his and John Stranahans. Pink frt and Silver rear springs. Shocks use 40-45 wt oil. 56 pistons all around. Use sway bars to tune turn performance (I haven't needed them in VTA although I probably should've tried small bars in front to take out some steering). Ride height 5mm. Droop 2-3. MF low roll blocks front and rear. Asphalt, technical, no traction compound on track or tires.
For VTA, the X is still a car I'd suggest to anyone.
A couple of more quick questions. Are you using Losi shock oil or another brand? Also do you know what the largest 48 pitch pinion will fit with an 86 tooth stock sour gear? Can't bring myself to pay $45.00 for a Matt Francis Trinity Gear adapter and haven't seen any 106 tooth 64 pitch spur gears on EBAY for awhile.

Thanks,