R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 07:08 PM
b121774
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dillydalley
hate to interrupt the current topic of conversation and not to distract from the 22 of which thread this is, but with AKA's new rebar tires coming out yesterday, does anyone know which compound is closest to proline's MC compound? Soft or super soft? I'm trying to find a good long wearing practice tire for the 22 because my MC suburbs don't last too long and I've been reading so many things on tires and what causes them to wear that I need the expert advice from this forum.

It seems like proline's MC compound is quite firm, yet everything I read on compound choice points to a really soft tire for an indoor track that's below 70* track temp, so how do clay compounds like MC work on colder track temps? Do the tred lengths play a role? suburb MC is the tire of choice at my tack, which I use and they do work very well, but notice that suburb tred length at new is very short. I'm just trying to understand why when everyone says softer tire for colder track and firmer compound for the hot outdoor tracks, a firm compound like MC works. I posted this question in another forum and was told to get super soft rebars for my med to sometimes high bite clay indoor track, but, it just seems contradictory. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
I have used the new rebar tires, soft compound and they are very nice tires. They have more depth in the tread than the barcodes or suburbs so they last a little longer. They are close to M3(soft) and M4(super soft). The foams are awesome but they don't make 2wd fronts yet?!. Main gripe is the price, $14 for a set with no foams and the closed cell foams are $7 a pair. $21 a pair, about the same cost as a set of SCT tires. Ridiculous!