R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI RS4 Evo+ Glow plug
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 03:33 PM
Robotech
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Insanity
most cars/trucks that come with .12 or .15's were never designed with big block power in mind. Is that supose to stop those of us that do it?

But like i said....sofar with almost a gallon of beating on it, i have yet to break ANYTHING with the bigblock in the car. And im not easy on my stuff...
Well of course not. LOL But you were claiming people were having breakage problems with small block engines...and saying it was due to the slop in the system from HPI. Except for pinion to spur mesh, there were no major issues with the gear train in the Nitro 3 (The Nitro MT was a whole different story). I'm saying that so long as maintenance is done, the stock Nitro 3 is good for any small block engine. The fact that it is handling the power of a .21 with nothing more than proper shimming shows that the parts are more than enough for a small block's power. They were engineered with the idea of mass production, and the flaws associated with it, in mind.

After all, I put a .21 in a Super Nitro and it had few issues with the power other than accelerated wear.

Last edited by Robotech; 06-25-2011 at 03:44 PM.