R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - wraith's hitting shelves?????
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 10:11 AM
sixohh
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by transambill
Jump the gun? Maybe just a little. Don’t get me wrong, a LNC is a great first crawler but not for what you listed that you wanna do with it. The stock plastic links should be replaced before ever putting a battery in it. The stock worm gears in the axels should be closely monitored and there design requires constant maintenance which Im not sure your up for constantly being on the road. As far as waterproofing the ESC, I've never been a fan of useing a baloon. Electronics put off heat and where is that heat to go when trapped in a balloon? I would use RTV/silicone and don't forget the lipo's, there not water friendly so don't forget to at least silicone the packs where the wires exit the packs.
well, you live you learn...

i got the LNC yesterday evening. like i said the money wasn't that big of a deal i just wanting something to tinker with out here...

as far as the little crawler goes, your right, its too slow for me. also, the steering servo is too weak and slow for me so that will be needing an upgrade fo sho! it needs weights in the tires like no other. especially up front.

the run time is amazing with a 2s lipo, so that makes me happy but its so slow that i cant even drive it to where the rocks are... the lights are a cool feature at night for playing around on the rig at night.

i broke a pin in the front left drive shaft about 15 mins into it. kind of surprised me but i think i have some traxxas pins lying around to fix it out here....

im not really upset that i bought this machine but you are right, i jumped the gun. i should have waited on the wraith (which i will still buy) but i will make this one my learning machine so to speak.

the biggest problem i see besides the tire weight issue is the lack of overall wheel speed, it needs to be able to spin the tires clean faster and be able to ramp up a rock faster.

any suggestions on a better steering servo i can order online and the best way to increase wheel speed and still keep it "torquey"?