R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 35 Amp Graded cells from SMC coming soon
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2004, 09:37 PM
rangulo
Tech Master

RB-I think you have a valid point. Temp has a lot of affect on the equipment that is used to match these batteries. I am a firm beleiver in the good name of SMC but they are a business who needs revenue growth and marketing a product in a different way could increase these sales numbers.

I am not sure that SMC is the biggest matcher or the most accurate,but they use the same equipment that all the other popular matchers use. They also buy the cells from the same manufacturer. In racing the best guy gets the best. I, as well as many have seen the best running these cells and still dump. Trinity gives the best to there drivers as well as SMC gives the best to there drivers... The hobby shops dont see the cells those pros use. So how can this new system provide a different level of quality cells than the ones hobby shops already receive?

By the way I have also in the past run SMC and they have always been good. I just think your dressing up a product which is still the same and selling it with a new label...