R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC
Old 06-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Paul L
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Gone Racin
The same to you Paul. i look forward to playing holdem poker this year at vegas with you champ. Ron H,
oh yea! see ya

Originally Posted by liteweight
Hi Paul I would like to thank you for the setup help, it's really help a lot I need some little homework to do make the car better and competitive.

Btw Paul what speedo and motor are you running on Mod class, I'm thinking to switch with 4.5 I currently running 10.5 Tekin, where I can find your speedo motor set up for 4.5?
Thanks
No problem. I run Thunderpower z3r motors and 5300 65c batterys, with a lrp sxxtc v2 speedo settings 2,6,3,0, gearing for a 4.5 8.5 overall for starters.

Originally Posted by ChadRacing
Hey Paul, I was wondering if you know a FDR and the Timing I need to run on my TC. I will be using a ThunderPower 7.5 with no boost.
i dont know for sure, but I guess i would try a 7.3 overall with 25deg timing.
good luck!

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Hi Paul,

Just wondering if you find that the left rear shock requires just a little more preload in order to tweak out your car? I have checked everything on my car, (and I mean everything) for equal length, flatness, suspension settings, and for some reason I find I have to put a little more preload into the left rear shock. Is this normal or have I missed something?

As always thanks.
If by a little you mean 1/4th of a turn i think you are totally fine. i have had cars that need to be a little one way or the other. but 1/4th of a turn in on one side and out on the other is no problem atall.

Thanks