R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/8 scale has finally found a home on Long Island
Old 06-21-2011, 04:08 PM
battlestarq
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Crazy Carl
Battlestarq
Well I can tell you as of now there will not be any membership fees.
I believe a fare price for racing should be given to all, not to someone who pays a little extra.
Its better to treat everyone equal so there are no finger pointing.
As far as the shot towards LIR I believe that was unnecessary.
Rob did last over 10 yrs. that speaks for something.
I would love to know of the place for 12000 a year I would go there in a heart beat. But this is Long Island there is nothing cheap around here As far as me giving back to the racers you really must be new to the sport again. Brian and myself are not doing this to make money we are doing this because of our love and passion for the hobby. If and when there is a surplus of cash it will be put back into the track first, then with anything remaining with the support of Action Hobbies prizes for "special event races" will be awarded. As of now we are thinking of an electric race day a nito race day and a practice day. On any one of the mentioned days if there are 5 cars for the class that class will run a race. I don't care if its motorcycles.

Ok so no membership fees for now( I see nothing wrong with that).
I was bringing up membership as a way to raise any needed funds quickly but how ever you want to run it is up to you.

The shot towards LIR you may not feel was worthy But look at it while standing in my shoes. In april I decided that if I was getting back into the sport I would support MY LHS which would have been LIR since it was the ONLY place to race on LI. And what did I do to support MY LHS I spent over a grand for the 22 kit, radio, esc, 2 lipos, Charger, 1 motor and some tires and tools. and over the next month a few more hundreds on more wheels and tires, Hauler bag, and another motor, and amb transponder. I never quibbled over Price, and find out a few weeks later the track is closing next week sorry but thats that.
If you were me you wouldnt feel the shot towards LIR was justified?
Sorry i didnt get into the hobby sooner but I did it, when I did it.
at least we have in a week or 3 a new location for Dons track, I do hope that goes thru. it will still be a little hike for me but as far as Im concerned I was willing to drive the distance for LIR so why not Don's.

And I was just throwing out numbers as an example, I have no clue as to what real estate costs are. and how large a piece of land were talking about here?
And I feel the love and passion for the Hobby and am glad you do as well.
As for Nitro day and electric day sounds good Im just wondering how long the days will be running. at least with electric the way LIR ran it you know if you have similar turnouts and do the same 5 min heats and 6 min main you could be there for 4 - 6 hours or more dependent on turnout. Nitro I have no experience with so i have no clue as to heat lenths or main lenghts I have seen a few biggie races on you tube where they pit the car for refuels or quick repairs so I have no clue as to how long the day will last on nitro day.