R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2002, 05:55 PM
rcruv
Tech Regular

Originally posted by TPhalen
Hey, I was once in your shoes....there are no stupid questions!!!!!

Traction Roll. To much traction to the point of your car flipping over. Mostly a problem on carpet, but it can happen on any high traction surface.

Lifting the throttle is a GREAT way to get steering. Think of it as if you were in a real car. You go into a corner, your car starts to push, so you 'lift' the throttle (let up on it) and your car turns better. It's the say theory in R/C. If you go into a corner and your car starts to push, you lift the throttle a little bit to gain more steering. DON'T just take your finger off the throttle. This will cause a massive weight transfer to the front and is one of the biggest reasons you spin out.

Ling: You already 'bribe' me by letting me win...
Thanks. You make it so much easier to understand.

One thing I realized is that TC3 doesn't have a clutch like real cars so it's not possible to keep engine running while braking in the corner.
So it's best using as little braking (including engine braking) as possible to simulate the real cars in the corner.

I've been using too much braking causing all sort of problems.

I now dialed down the minimum brake to just above the lightest possible and around 40% max brake.
And I still feel that braking is too powerful.
I guess it's time to learn how to drive without braking at all.
I remember somebody said that
'sometimes if you go slower you can go faster'