R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2004, 10:44 PM
vones
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: wont shift to 2nd gear

Originally posted by rbboy
i finally ran my car last night in a track near where i live... i must say that i was totally TOTALLY impressed with the G4! man i was swooping thru the corners as if i were driving a 1/12... considering that the ATV of my steering was reduced coz i had to use the lower hole on the servo arm( i changed my upper deck chassis w/ 3racing and unfortunately the steering servo arm hits the deck) i hope the steering doesn't change and dont wear out hah! the only problem is my car wont shift to second gear... i precisely followed the instruction manual and so did my local hobby dealer in his G4 but his wont shift as well... we opened the shoe and found out that it was in the wrong direction... did this ever happened to any of you? i used to own a v-one and when we made adjustments on the shoe the whole where you put the allen wrench would be at the back part right?! anyway hope someone could help me with the initial setting of the shoe coz it doesnt really say in the manual. post a pic of the shoe heheh thanks!
degrease the bearings within the 2nd speed spur gear...cos the new bearings have a lot of grease packed in them....I had the same problem as you...so I clean up the bearings and the housing n ...viola.!!!!..then there was SPEED!!!!!!!!!