R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How To: Clean Your Air Filter and Make a Pre-Filter
Old 06-18-2011, 04:29 PM
nitroexpress
Tech Master

Originally Posted by madac
I wouldn't even worry about a stained filter I have a couple that I run on my son's r/c that are stained that bad and they breathe just fine they are good to go. I never knew about using vet wrap but that looks like a great product to use. I also use K&N air filter cleaner and oil on all of my filters and it works great and have alot of it (been using the same package for over a year and plenty of it left for this season +) and it's cheaper for the cleaner and the oil package at between 10-14 dollars and never had a problem with my filters ever using it and saved alot of money over buying the r/c specific air filter oil.
Maybe K&N makes a oil for foam filters, but I've only seen their oil and kits for their automotive paper filters. They state "Specially formulated to work in combination with the cotton fabric in K&N air filter elements providing a superior air filtration system". This type of oil is not sticky enough. Motorcycle stores sell foam filter oil fairly reasonable.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ilter-Oil.aspx