R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Dyno, Homemade, Using a Novak Sentry Data Logger, Continued, The Experimental Thread.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:34 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Attached is an image of the spreadsheet page that will be used to calculate your test motor power when running it on the slave motor. This was my task. You put 3 measures into the green area, slave RPM, Voltage and Amperage. Power, Efficiency, and Torque are calculated and displayed in the orange area. Simple. You can obtain the data using the Eagle tree digital display or data logger and computer. The power formula is posted above and below. A considerable number of experiments were performed to develop the power formula. This work is shown further down on the spreadsheet, but need not be repeated. I could use a couple more data points to refine the formula. See the quote.

The best part about this slave motor method is the good repeatability of tests. You will be able to differentiate two motors of the same wind.

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
This is what I need to proceed. As you can see data is rather skimpy in the middle, I could use a loaner 10.5. I should also have a data point for a 21.5. I could use a loaner 21.5. I will mail it back to you. You get dyno results. Send me a PM or e-mail to [email protected] if you are willing. I will pay your postage to and back.

Power Formula

Power = 0.4.16419E-12*x3 + 9.38044E-8*x2 + 0.005317*x +38.49502

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Spreadsheet, Slave motor Power0001.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	767894  

Last edited by John Stranahan; 06-15-2011 at 10:13 PM.