R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - KYOSHO TRUGGY
Thread: KYOSHO TRUGGY
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 04:35 PM
Lilja
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
are you a team driver for Serpent?
Nope, which makes me able to drive whatever car I feel like driving. Which is why Ive run a large number of brands over the years.
Right now Im fairly set on Serpent. Mainly cause I like the company and I like their attitude towards producing cars and racing them. Its a personal thing really. If I hadnt been driving Serpent or if it turns out after the season ends that Its not the car for me then Im leaning towards either a Kyosho or a Losi. So its not that I dont like the car.

Ive been racing since 1998 though, and most of those years Ive been driving Kyosho. I know that Kyosho makes awesome cars and very often they are revolutionary when new models are released.
I know that they have excellent parts fit, I know that they have excellent parts quality and I know that they do perform.
I am slightly annoyed over the ST-RR though and I know that Im not alone. The ST-RR is as you know based on the MP777, which is a really really old car. I cant see any reason at all why they cant make a truggy version of the MP9. Cause if most other companies can, why cant Kyosho? Is the driveline of the MP9 not strong and robust enough for a truggy? I really doubt that.
And to justify it by saying "well its winning isnt it?" the MP777 also won the worlds so why release the MP9, the MP777 was winning aswell wasnt it?
Theres always room for improvement. Besides its not only about performance. Id like to see the MP9s radiotray on the truggy aswell for example.

So yea there you have it. As I stated earlier. No other brand on the planet, has teamdrivers that are so sensitive to anyone saying ANYTHING negative towards their brand. Thats jolly nice and all but its a bit fake not being able to admit that not everything with Kyosho is perfect, cause it just isnt. Its been annoying me ever since I stopped driving Kyosho so excuse me if I came out a bit harsh (which I dont really think I did).
But dont call me a troll because my opinions differ from yours.