R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 10:17 AM
sundevil67
Tech Adept

Default Still Having Trouble Starting Spada

Hi All,
I ponied up the extra $$ and bought the Kyosho Multi Starter Box 2.0, the one recommended by Kyosho in the manual. I even ordered one of those mounting templates from Europe somewhere (in transit). I still can't seem to get consistent access to the flywheel, and end up just rubbing the wheel on the chassis for the most part. It is just too shallow (the flywheel seems to sit too high and doesn't poke through the chassis enough to make good contact. I don't see any way to actually adjust the flywheel so that it will poke through the chassis further, but something must be wrong here. Admittedly I don't have much (any) real experience with starter boxes, but this can't be how this is supposed to work. It is sooo frustrating to have spent all of this time and money, and still be unable to run my Spada! I know there's an aluminum flywheel offered as an optional part, but is that just the same size, made from aluminum? Anyone else experience a similar problem? Can this just be a design flaw, and I need to figure out a workaround?

ANY HELP FOR NITRO-NOOB APPRECIATED!