R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Rally Racing in Sydney NSW
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Rubedude
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Badmuthatrucker
Yeah. Sydney has a healthy number of buggy tracks, which do not suit rally cars. A track for rally cars would be boring for buggies. Two different requirements entirely.

Rube, not that I have tried it, but wouldn't 13.5's be too much for TC based and sized rally chassis?

I'll get working on my (was Adriano's) DF03RA and see if I can help out with your demo if you need me.
To be honest at the moment the only reason we havent capped the cars below 13.5 is because we have been testing a concept and a modification which was tested with about five different makes of cars and on several surfaces.. if anything as you might see from some of our vids we really raced these things to the limit .. the soft sandy dirt you see in one is not an ideal place to run these but we did to test the ability of the cars as we also have done with things like diffs, shafts etc.. compared to what the guys in europe do we really have gone far and beyond..

Really the set up for instance my son is trying now on the Mitsubishi is a plain jane 13T with 35amp speedy.. we have some guys with 17.5 the only thing there is you cannot maintain a good slide .. I have been using 10T and 13.5 T not for anything other than trying to see where the limitations of the car and sustainable fun driving lies... But 13T looks at this stage and shaft driven cars to be ideal...

And BadMutha you get thet DF03 Running and make sure youre with us ya hear!!!

Last edited by Rubedude; 06-11-2011 at 06:53 PM.